My Summer Bucket List
It’s June and the weather has started to perk up and finally feels like summer has arrived. For me summer means not working so late and more time to spend out in the sunshine with my family; wearing lots of sunscreen (My boy is a read head). We have a lot of things on our agenda this summer with weddings, birthdays, and family events so I wanted to come up with a bucket list of things to do with my little family. It can be so easy to get caught up in all of the big things and forget all of the little things you want to do.
So this summer I really want to:
1. Take my toddler to the splash park- Last year we only went once (not sure why) and he absolutely loved it. And to my surprise was so well behaved with the other children. Not gonna lie I was afraid my toddler might try taking other’s toys or be a little scared.
2. Be more active in our back yard vegetable garden- My husband planted a garden last year but I was afraid to help out because I had no idea what I was doing. Now that I have more knowledge I want to be more involved. I’m so excited to cook with fresh zucchini, squash, green beans, and peas.
3.Keep my flowers alive- I’m am not known for a green thumb with flowers. Last year all of mine were dead in about three weeks. To be honest I always forget to water them. However, this year I’m trying to make it more of a routine and sharing the responsibility with my husband.
4. Go on more walks- I know this sounds lame but there is a walkway near my office that goes along the local weather and is a beautiful place to walk. I think it would help me clear my head during a long day to take 20 minutes and go for a walk.
5. Make my own popsicle’s- I have seen so many recipes for making your own popsicle’s on Pinterest that I just have to try it. You will probably see it on a post about Pinterest epic fails later on. But who knows maybe it will actually work out. Let’s be real; the ones with wine sound enticing.
6. Use our grill more often- Dinner’s are so much easier when you marinate some meat (love grilled chicken) and throw it on the grill; maybe with vegetables. Last year it rained so much we didn’t get a lot of opportunities.
7. Take a walk on the beach with my family- My side of our family is taking a big family beach vacation this summer. And while I know it will be a blast I want to make sure to remember to take some time to do simple things with my son and husband.
8. Build a sand castle- Now that my son is a toddler I am so excited to play in the sand at the beach this year. I’m hoping he will have the attention span to help me build a castle (hmm…I mean knock it down) with me. Maybe I’ll even get him to help gather sea shells (I know I’m dreaming ok).
9. Get the sprinkler out- My mom bought my son a sprinkler last summer but we never really got around to bringing it outside and playing with it. Now that he likes playing in the grass more I’m hoping to take it for a spin.
10. Finish a book- It has been forever since I have taken the time to actually finish a book. However this summer I am hoping to take that time. I love to read and used to be an avid reader before grad school and life got in the way. I have 6 books sitting on my book shelf that I really want to read so here’s hoping. Maybe I’ll have some time at the beach since there will be many people to help keep an eye on our toddler.
There is my list. Nothing fancy. Just hoping to spend some time enjoying the little things as I think that is really where you can find happiness. Wanting to make lots of long remembered memories with my little family of 3.
Do you have a bucket list? What are things you want to do this summer. For yourself or for your family? Share in the comments section.