It’s hard for me to believe but this weekend will mark my 3 month blogiversary. I’m not gonna lie I feel a little proud for keeping up with it for this long. Someone told me when I first started that many blogs don’t make it past two months so it feels like a small victory. The last three months I have found myself getting sucked into to everything blog whether it is social media, participating in linky parties, taking pictures, jotting down ideas, researching, or reading other blogs. While it has been overwhelming it has also been a lot of fun and motivated me to learn about a lot of new things.
I’ve spent a lot of time playing around with different WordPress themes and I have to tell you I’m so indecisive that I don’t think I’ll ever be truly happy with any of them. Although this may be because of my quest to not pay for a theme (I’m being cheap I know). Finding the right sharing button’s has also been hard for me. If anyone knows of a good sharing button that will publish your featured photo along with the link I would greatly appreciate you sharing which one you use.
Some things that I have really enjoyed doing:
- #TribalChat- I have finally been able to get the hang of tribal chat. It’s a weekly twitter chat session with a beautiful group of parenting and lifestyle bloggers. Some one from the group hosts every week and prepares a list of about 5 questions that help us get to know each other better and also start up good conversation. We are not ashamed to admit that a lot of our chats involve mention of cake and big bottles of wine. You can find out more about us by following on twitter @TribalChatTweet we would love to have you as we are a very friendly bunch.
- Linkies- I mentioned linky parties in my First Month Blogging Post but I will say it again “I absolutely love linky parties”. I am thoroughly amazed at my fellow bloggers who host linkies and keep up with them so well. I don’t have the exact figures but I would have to say 80% of my comments come from the linkies I participate in. I could probably write an entire post about my favorite ones (maybe I will). The only problem is that there are so many great ones that I can’t really participate in them all each week. So I try to hit them all at least once a month.
- Twitter- In the last three months I have reached over 1,500 followers which I am very pumped about. I am hoping to reach 2,000 by the end of the week. You follow me here @teammomlife to catch up on my latest posts and interact. At this point twitter is what I use the most in terms of social media as it’s where I am able to find so many new people and blogs to connect with.
- #MonthlyMileClub- If you haven’t heard yet this month I created a walking challenge where anyone can register and sync up their fitness trackers to help motivate each other in being more active. My hope is that we can set a community mile goal each month and work together to reach it. Anyone who is interested in learning more can check it out here. While creating the challenge I learned how to design and code my own blog badge which ended up working out pretty well.
- Stumble upon- Until a few months ago I had never heard of stumble upon. I just happened to over hear a few of my fellow #tribalchat bloggers talking about it by chance and it has drastically helped me in my blogging journey. If you haven’t tried out the app you should really check it out. Ever since I started submitting my posts and other people’s posts that I enjoy my traffic has doubled. I’ll admit it seems like some weeks I only get a few views but when it’s working well I have gotten up to fifty.
Looking into the future I am trying to set some small goals for my blog
- Find someone to do a guest post
- Get at least 5 people participating in #MonthlyMileClub
- Turn my Coffee Addict’s Anonymous posts into a regular funny series about my love for caffeine
- Set up a giveaway (no clue how to do this) when I reach 2,000 twitter followers
What goals have you set for yourself? What is your favorite social media platform? What struggles and triumphs have you had while starting a blog?